Saturday, April 07, 2007

Miss The Robinsons


I took my two younger sons, aged 10 and 13 years to see Disney's (DIS) Meet the Robinsons on Saturday evening along with a neighbor and his young boys, aged 6 and 10 years. The audience was rather small but the children in attendance enjoyed the movie. In my opinion, this movie was so bad that I could not wait to leave. The father of the other boys fell asleep during the movie only to wake up for the final 15 minutes which was the best part of the flick. I would describe Meet the Robinsons was as a convoluted computer animated version of Back To The Future. After a string of highly successful and I might add enjoyable computer animated movies such as Cars, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and both entries in the Toy Story series, DIS has finally delivered a real stinker. The opening box office weekend was disappointing and I expect the second weekend to be no better. DIS expected to have Meet the Robinsons pump up holiday DVD sales but I would expect analysts to have to lower their revenue estimates. Next up for DIS is Ratatouille which based on the previews should be a step up and more in line with the computer animated releases of the past. Ratatouille may have to be rushed to the shelves for holiday sales to make up for the shortfall I expect from Meet the Robinsons.

No comments: